- Unfortunately people sometimes suffer injuries which are unexpected and are caused by the carelessness, recklessness or illegal acts of others. These injuries often cause the innocent party to seek medical treatment, incur medical bills, lost wages and other forms of monetary loss. The law requires that the wrongdoer compensate you for these losses, and we will ensure that you receive what you are entitled to.
- We handle all types of accident and injury cases. Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, injured by a defective product, or suffered injuries due to a slip and fall, we can help. Under Montana law, if you are injured due to the carelessness, recklessness or illegal actions of another, then they must compensate you for the damages that you suffer. If your own actions played some role in the accident, then you are entitled to partial compensation as long as you were less than 50% at fault.
- The first stage of most accident and injury cases is the insurance claim, and with legal representation many cases can be fairly resolved at that point by settlement. Before you discuss settlement terms with an insurance company, be sure to seek advice from a qualified attorney.
- Your own auto or homeowners insurance may be liable to pay for your damages caused by someone close to you. For example, if your spouse causes a car accident and you are injured as a passenger, your own auto insurance must usually compensate you for your losses, including medical expenses.
- We will be sure to pursue each and every element of compensation to which you are entitled to the fullest extent possible. It is very important that you have a knowledgable attorney evaluate the damages in your case, because if you do not know what you are entitled to then you will likely go uncompesated for certain losses. Some of the damages that can be recovered under Montana law in accident and injury cases typically includes the following:
- Payment of medical bills already incurred.
- Payment for future medical costs.
- Compensation for the cost of hiring others to perform household services you can no longer do.
- Compensation for the loss of your established course of life.
- Reimbursement for lost earnings.
- Compensation for future lost earnings.
- Payment for loss of consortium of a loved one.
- Compensation for pain and suffering.
- Compensation for emotional distress.
- Punitive damages.
Contact us for a free evaluation before you discuss your case with an insurance company.